Bananagrams Challenge respects and protects the privacy of our users.
- Information collection
- Parental consent
- Use of personal information
- Sharing of personal information
- Information security
- Parental control of personal information
- Visiting our services from outside the United States
- Links to third-party sites, services, and content
Cookies are small text files that are stored on a users’ computer. Most web browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to do so or to notify the user when a cookie is sent. You can choose to remove cookies through your browser options. However, if you do so, some functionality may be limited. If you wish to disable cookies please refer to browser’s help section. Web beacons are single pixel graphics that may be embedded in web pages or emails. We use web beacons to collect information about advertising and Site traffic statistics. Local storage objects (sometimes referred to as “flash cookies”) are similar to standard cookies, except that they can be larger and can be downloaded to a computer or mobile device by the Adobe Flash Media Player. Please note that you may need to take additional steps beyond changing your browser settings to refuse or disable local storage objects and similar technologies.
Bananagrams, Inc. may use the services of third-parties to collect or maintain personal information though the Bananagrams Challenge website.
- Parental consent. We do not collect user disclosed personal information from children under the age of thirteen without prior written parental consent. All contestants in Bananagrams Challenge will have provided written parental consent facilitated by the school. In furtherance of the foregoing, we may collect a parent’s email address in order to provide the parent with notice that his or her child signed up for an account with Bananagrams Challenge. We generally will not use or disclose the email address that we collect except to send the initial notices and subsequent updates about the child’s participation in Bananagrams Challenge.
- With prior parental consent facilitated by the school, Bananagrams Challenge is open for registration by children under the age of thirteen and with parental consent we may collect online contact information in order to communicate with the contestant. We may ask the child contestant for the online contact information of a parent or guardian so that we can make arrangements for the Grand Finale in Rhode Island. We will delete the child’s online contact information and will not use it to re-contact the child or disclose it. Alternately, we may ask the child for a parent or guardian’s online contact information so that we can notify the parent or guardian about the child’s participation in Bananagrams Challenge or otherwise seek consent. Any information that is given to us in this circumstance is used only for the purpose of conducting the Bananagrams Challenge activity and will be removed from our system after the promotion has ended or any other legally required period for keeping such information has passed.
- We may collect the child’s name and contact information to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the security or integrity of Bananagrams Challenge contests and to take precaution against liability; to respond to the judicial process; or to the extent permitted by law to provide information to law enforcement agencies and/or an investigation on a matter relating to public safety.
- Use of personal information. We may use personal information that we collect through the Bananagrams Challenge Site for a variety of purposes, including to provide children with the contest information they request; customize and personalize the child’s use of Bananagrams Challenge; maintain or administer the Bananagrams Challenge contest or perform business analyses; improve the quality of Bananagrams Challenge contest or any related contest or game; and as otherwise described to parents at the point of collection or pursuant to parental consent.
- Sharing of personal information. We may transfer, disclose, or share personal information we collect through the Bananagrams Challenge website with service providers who are engaged specifically to administer or perform certain functions on our behalf such as conducting the online game play and the Grand Finale in Rhode Island. We may also disclose personal information to third-parties when we are required by law or pertinent to judicial or government investigations or proceedings, when otherwise necessary to protect the Bananagrams Challenge Site for the safety of our users or any third-party, or with the parent/guardian’s consent. Bananagrams may gather anonymous information which may be used by Bananagrams or shared with third-parties. This information does not personally identify you, but may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services and products we offer.
- Information security. The security and confidentiality of your child’s information is extremely important to us, we take a number of steps to help safeguard it and any personal information that your child provides to us. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, therefore, we cannot warrant or guarantee that such information will never be accessed used, or released in the manner that is inconsistent with this Policy.
- Parental control of personal information. Upon providing proper identification, parents can review, correct, or have deleted their child’s personal information from our database or refuse further collection or use of personal information from their child by writing to us at:
845 Allens Avenue
Providence, RI 02905
You may also email us at: email@example.com
- Visiting our Site from outside the United States. Bananagrams Challenge is based in Providence, Rhode Island in the United States of America. If you are visiting the Bananagrams Challenge Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to processed or stored in the United States or countries around the world. The data protection and the other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we seek to take reasonable steps to insure that your privacy is protected. By using the Bananagrams Challenge Site or providing us with any information through the Bananagrams Challenge Site you consent to the transfer, or processing and storage of your information in the United States and other countries around the world.
Last updated July 13, 2015.
© Bananagrams, Inc. 2015
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED